Friday, February 20, 2009

Parenting and Hypocrisy


Parenting has brought great joy and depth to my life that I could never have imagined! (I know, you are thinking, "Uh oh! Another sappy 'Daddy Post'!" Not really...) Actually, though, Parenting has served as tool through which God often gives me a smack in face or a kick in the pants! One area is hypocrisy. See if this sounds familiar:

- "Tori, you need to eat your vegetables!" "Daddy, where are you're veggies?" "Uhhh..."
- "Will, go back and take your dirty clothes to the laundry room." (later.. Roseann to me) "Hey honey, it really helps me out if you don't leave your dirty clothes laying all over the bedroom!" "Uhh..err..."
- (to myself) "Billy, you are such an idiot." "Daddy, Will is being an idiot!" "uhh..err..uh oh."
- "William! Pay attention when I am speaking to you!" (later, to Tori) "Uhh...what did you say, darling, I wasn't listening."

Yep. I admit it. I am a big fat hypocrite. (Who gets God's grace anyway!) But I am working on it!

So what about you? What are the biggest lessons God taught you about YOURSELF in parenting?

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner