Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sermon Blurb 1-18-08

I like to be in control! I see that mostly in the car. You will never have to ask if my wife or I drove. The answer is always me. Always. Even on a long trip, say 12 hours to Illinois, I drive the whole way, no matter what! Even if I get sleepy. If she gets into the driver's seat, and I lean back and close my eyes, inevitably, my left eye will pop open. And my mouth will begin saying things like, "Do you know how fast you are going?" AND "Do you see that guy stopping?" AND "Why are you swerving all over the road?" I just can't stand to NOT be in control of the car.

Many of us are like that with every aspect of our life. We want to be in control of everything. But Jesus says that if we truly want to be His disciples we must lay down our rights to our life. We must carry our cross and follow Him.

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner